Time to Order Your Copy of
Fair Pay for Southern California Nonprofits:
The 2022 Compensation & Benefits Survey
...the best survey of its kind.
Now available: Published April 29, 2022
Purchase the 2022 Survey Report
Attract and Retain the Best Employees for Your Organization in 2022 and Beyond
- Current, local data on more than 190 jobs
- Regional data relevant for Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura and the Inland Empire
- Coverage includes urban, suburban and rural areas from coast to desert
- Organizations large and small surveyed
- Base pay levels and bonus/incentive pay for each job
- Details by annual operating budget, location within Southern California, number of employees and primary field of service
- Employee benefits: paid time off, insurance, retirement
- Salary increases past year and year ahead forecast
- Policies with respect to on-call work, overtime, shift differentials, pay for bilingual skills, introductory periods, performance reviews and more.
2022 Survey Calendar
As our communities continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, nonprofit managers navigate uncertain economic conditions related to pay rates, employee retention, benefits and employment policies.
The survey will help your organization see how the local nonprofit community is responding to current economic conditions.
- For what kinds of jobs are nonprofits having difficulty hiring and retaining employees?
- Are nonprofit employees working remotely, in person, or a combination of both?
- Are organizations planning to increase or decrease their workforces in 2022?
All Regions of Southern California Covered
The survey serves nonprofits in all 10 counties of Southern California. We gather data from both larger and smaller nonprofit organizations, as well as those from urban, suburban and rural counties.
What Nonprofit Managers Say About the Survey...
"In creating three year strategic plans, the Fair Pay Nonprofit survey has served as an excellent planning tool. We know we are using the most reliable and relevant data in determining competitive wages and benefits for our valuable staff. I know this has helped us to attract and retain the best people!"
– Michele Grupe, Executive Director
Cope Family Center
"Determining compensation is never an easy task. Access to an up-to-date, comprehensive guide as a reference has been instrumental for our organization. Having accurate data, defined by region, has allowed us to provide competitive offers to new hires and existing employees. We refer to the guide regularly and consider it a great value."
– Charles Cormany, Executive Director
Efficiency First California
"We have relied on the Fair Pay Report every year to determine how our salary ranges track to other organizations of similar size. It helps inform us on budgeting for raises and salary adjustments. Our organization has grown significantly over the last couple of years. In 2021 we did a full HR audit to ensure we are keeping up with trends. The Fair Pay report was so helpful. It was great to review how we stack up to other organizations for salary,job titles and descriptions, benefit packages, holiday and vacation time. We are beyond grateful that this data is collected annually and presented in such a useful way. It also helped us think about how to organize and present our recommendations to the executive team making decisions. Thank you!"
–Laurie Zerga, Finance and Operations Manager
"We highly recommend the Fair Pay compensation and benefits survey. The participation process is well-organized, the report is easy to use, and it includes extremely practical and relevant data for nonprofit decision makers. A must have!"
–David R. Smith, SPHR, Human Resources Director
Koinonia Family Services